Thursday, July 24, 2008

Indianized

"Mummy, what if Daddy did not name me Meliza, what would you have named me?" I asked my mother. She grinned and said she'd name me Priya. I was like, thank God, Daddy named me Meliza. Lol



I'm not exactly very Indian myself, I don't quite get along with them, as I don't speak the language. Friends is one thing, heck I've never even dated a proper Indian guy before...Aaron James thinks I'm a racist of my own race...lol



Honestly, Indians are very beautiful people. Their rich and colourful culture, music, dance, food and literature, it's simply amazing.



In the study of Demographic profiles of people, you can actually see how Indian communities differ according to their location and influence. One great example, is the protrayal of indian actors and actresses in Tamil and Hindi movies.



Bollywood movies tend to stand out more compared to Tamil movies because of its soft and gentle elements. Even movies that are dubbed in Hindi have those elements that simply attracts viewers. In the Tamil movie, the guy would be swaying on his motorcycle screaming, "SHE SMILED AT ME!!!" but the same movie dubbed in Hindi, the guy would be have a huge smile on his face while showing of some stunts on his motorcycle.



Tamil movies have their own sense of getting the message across as well, however it really depends on the audience.



Well, I guess we can only hope that the Indian guys in Malaysia learn a thing or two from Shah Rukh Khan. I'm not sure about other Indian girls but my idea of romance certainly doesn't include running around hills, throwing shawls up in the air and hugging my beau over and over again.

If I could Indianize my name, I think I would call myself, Madhumita! Nehehe
On second thought...

No comments: