
It's been a while since I've been to Starbucks and had my usual Hazelnut Hot Chocolate. Somehow, I've always found refuge in the little Starbucks cafe near my place. Though its pretty costly, but I'd empty every ringgit from my wallet with no regrets (most of the time)
Some find peace in the Himalayas, some find it in the arms of their loved ones and some find it in shopping trips. My idea of peace would be huddled up in their big and comfy green couch with a mug of hot chocolate and a really good book. I decided today would be one of those days...and so I walked in the heavy rain to Starbucks to find what they call peace and what I call a slice of heaven.

I'm halfway through this excellent book of three stages. In some strange way, its as though, this book was written for me. Every sentence I read was somehow related to my life of 17 years (soon to be 18) I decided today would be the beginning of the life the Italians call La Dolce Vita for me, it was time for change...
I kicked off my new Nike trainers and sipped my mug of hot chocolate comfortably. It was raining heavily outside and the windows were awfully misty. Jazz music filled the little cafe and I absolutely loved everything about it. I would make little decisions today and bigger decisions later on. I found myself being myself again, something that I've forgotten to be in a while.
I decided today would be the moment I would remind myself who I really am and always will be.
I'm aware of the fact that view things rather differently than most. I'm not sure of the reason why but I'm glad that I do. Sunk in that lush green couch I realized that the most precious thing I've ever had was my love for independence. I was never served with independence on a silver platter (heck, my parents would not say "Yes" to most of the things I prefer to do alone, for good reasons) I found independence, by travelling around on my own, visiting little places that people often drive by and doing many things with just me, myself and I.
I decided today that I am no loner, nor am I a tourist, I'm an independent woman on a search for everything.
I left the dreamy little Starbucks cafe, out into the grey skies pouring with rain. I found myself being grateful and contented, for the first time in a long time. I decided today that I would live life like never before, because this time, I found a million reasons to enjoy it with a smile.



No comments:
Post a Comment